Click me for more information!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Digital Commission

So, anyone that has been following me on Twitter, or visiting me during my LIVE! Scribbles with Jonathan show has heard be talking about the book I purchased; "The DC Comics guide to Drawing Comics Digitally".

I had the chance to apply this technique with a commission that I recently just finished for a client. I had a blast doing this, but it had its challenges for sure! Some points that I would like to put out there that are fantastic when working digitally are:

1) The ability to adjust the smallest, to the largest details at a whim.
2) Background & perspective work are MUCH more easier. With using paths as the main tool.
3) Working on a computer! This can be a thumbs up, or a thumbs down depending on who you ask.
4) Reference is much easier to use. Open up Google and search for something, drag the image into Photoshop and it's all literally there.
5) LAYERS.

Anyway, here it is. I included right from the concept to the complete image with the logos. Enjoy!







No comments: