Click me for more information!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The "Paladin" Mini-Comic, Part 1

Hey everyone!

I wanted to make a quick post about a small project I'm working on. There is a workshop going on right now at the Art&Story Podcast forums (only open to members) on making Mini-Comics! What's a mini comic?
Well, from my understanding, its literally that. A mini comic. I've seen some made from a regular 8.5x11 piece of paper folded twice, to a little bigger. I think the golden rule here, is keep it simple, and keep it fun!

So, I started my journey of coming up with a story by flipping through the folder on my computer. There is a fantasy story that I have been adding to for a while now, and I thought what the heck. Why not take one of the characters out of there, and turn it into a mini comic? And that is exactly what I've done. Now, I noticed that a lot of mini-comics are around 6-15 pages. After I finished plotting my story out, I realized, I'm going to need more. Then the thought came to me, "If I'm doing a 30 page mini-comic, is it a mini any more?" I still have not come up with the answer. I suppose, considering the size this will be, it would still be considered a mini comic.

Any who! So, the project is called "Paladin" for now. The title will most likely change, as this is just a working title. Here is the pitch so far, which will also change:

"A village awakens to the tracks of a Monster, fallen warriors and kidnapped children. A wandering Paladin, with the local Shaman hunt for the Monster. They race to save the children from doom, lies and corruption lace their difficult path."

Lots going on there for a mini isn't there? Ha ha, well. Only way to see how it turns out is to JUMP right in! So, here are a couple of sketches of characters I did today as well. Everything is bound to change, but there are some things that will stick for sure.


Stay tuned for part 2, coming soon! See ya then!

No comments: